PagerTree sends incidents from Freshdesk to the right people based on the on-call schedules.
Freshdesk creates tickets. PagerTree acts as the dispatcher for these tickets, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules. PagerTree notifies them via email, sms, voice, and/or push notifications until the incident is acknowledged or closed. The integration would support the following:
-When an ticket is created in Freshdesk, an incident is created in PagerTree automatically.
-When an incident is pending (ticket_status == 'Pending') in Freshdesk, the incident is acknowledged in PagerTree automatically.
-When a incident is resolved or closed (ticket_status == 'Resolved' || `ticket_status == 'Closed') in Freshdesk, the incident is resolved in PagerTree automatically.
To integrate PagerTree with Freshdesk, follow the steps below:
1. From the navigation menu, click the “+ Integration” button.
2. In the “Create Integration” box, fill out the following: Name of the Integration, select the Integration Type to Freshdesk, select an appropriate urgency for when this integration is triggered and select the team this incident will be assigned to.
3. Click "Create".
4. Copy the Endpoint URL.
1. Click Admin -> Dispatch'r.
2. Click "New Rule".
3. In the Dispatch’r New Rule Form: Give the rule a Name (e.g. “PagerTree”)
4. In the Actions section select the following:
a) Trigger Webhook, Request type – POST
b) Callback URL – Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied
c) Requires Authentication – Unchecked
d) Encoding – JSON, Simple
e) Content – All checkboxes checked.
5. Click "Save".
6. Click Admin -> Observer.
7. Click "New Rule".
8. In the Observer New Rule Form: Give the rule a Name (e.g. “PagerTree”), in the “When an action performed by…“ section select Agent or Requester and in the “involves any of these events” section select:
a) Status is changed From Any Status To Any Status
b) In the “perform these actions” section Select Trigger Webhook
c) Request type – POST
d) Callback URL – Paste the PagerTree Endpoint URL you copied
e) Requires Authentication – Unchecked
f) Encoding – JSON, Simple
g) Content – All checkboxes checked
9. Click "Save".
You have now successfully integrated PagerTree with Freshdesk.