Magento 1.x app for Freshdesk lets you have a quick view of your customer's information and their purchase history right inside your helpdesk. This works for Magento 1.7 and Magento 1.9
This Magento 1.x app makes customer support easier by giving you the ability to view your customer's personal and order information from Magento even before you start typing a reply to your customer.
After you install the app, you should see a Magento widget right inside your ticket detail page.
The widget gives you a brief information about your customer's most recent orders such as the order ID, total paid, status and the order date, along with the customer's information on Magento. Should you need more information about an order, clicking on an order ID will render order information as a popup right inside your ticket window. You still have a link to view extended order information on your Magento store.
19 July 2018 - Fixes and improvements to remote API calls with Magento
Before you start configuring your new application on Freshdesk, you should be installing and configuring Freshdesk's extension on your Magento store.
1. Before you begin: Installing and Configuring Magento Extension
- Download the extension from http://effy.co.in/freshworks/freshdesk_magento_1x.zip
- Using FTP or SSH access, extract the contents of the directory into your Magento root directory. The directory has folders like app, var, lib, etc.
- Clear the Magento cache: Log in to Magento admin and navigate to System > Cache Management. Click on Flush Magento Cache.
- Log out and log in to Magento admin
- You should find a new menu called 'Freshdesk' in the menu bar
- Clear Freshdesk extension cache: Navigate to System > Cache Management, select 'Freshdesk' from the cache table and under the 'Actions' drop-down (top right in the table header), select 'Enable' and press submit.
2. Configuring your Magento App on Freshdesk:
- This app needs you to have an admin account with Magento
- You should have the Magento 1.x extension for Freshdesk installed on your Magento Store following the instructions in the previous section
- Once the Magento extension is installed, go to Freshdesk -> Freshdesk App's API Token to copy your API token
- On Freshdesk, in the API Token field, enter the token you just copied from your Magento store
- Enter your Magento Store URL. If your store URL looks like this "http://<your-domain>/magento/index.php" then enter "http://<your-domain>/magento" while installing. Make sure you enter the entire text before "/index.php" from your URL. The trailing slash is not needed